Peace be upon you
I do love ayam penyet since I visited Wong Solo restaurant in Shah Alam few months back. The chicken was so tender, juicy inside and crispy at the outside. Since I'm craving for the juicy, tender and crispy ayam penyet and it's kinda difficult to find it (some place, their chicken too dry and the taste no so good) except Wong Solo, I made it on last Saturday. And the result was awesome! I got tender, juicy and crispy chicken! But I forgot about Terung Berlada .. :( I cooked Kangkung Belacan instead.
1. 1 whole chicken and cut it to 6 portions
2. 2 tbsp fennel seeds *
3. 2 tbsp cumin seeds *
4. 3 tbsp corinder seeds *
5. 1 tbsp tumeric powder (nak taruk yang hidup pun takpe) *
6. 5 shallots (pounded) *
7. 5 cm ginger (thinly sliced) *
8. 5 cm galangal (thinly sliced) *
9. Water to boil
9. Salt to taste *
10. Vegetable Oil (Enough to deep fried the chicken)
11. 1 stalk lemongrass (crushed) *
(I tak taruk curry powder and white pepper)
1. 7 red chillies
2. 3 clove garlics
3. 2 shallots
4. Salt to taste
5. Sugar to taste(I tak taruk belacan nor cili padi)
6. Vegetable oil
7. 1 cup of water
1. 2 cup of rice (depend on you)
2. Water (depend on you rice)
3. 4 tbsp butter
4. 2 stalks of lemongrass (crushed)
5. Salt to taste
6. 5 clove garlics (pounded)
7. 3 cm ginger (pounded)
1. 2 shallots (pounded) *
2. 1 clove garlic (pounded) *
3. 1 cm ginger (pounded) *
4. 2 tbsp vegetable oil
5. 1 cinnamom stick *
6. 1 star anise *
7. 3-4 cup of water
8. Chicken bone
9. Salt to taste
1. Clean the chicken and drain the excess water. Mean while, toast the fennel, cumin and coriander seeds till fragrance and pound it (but do not turn it to powder).
2. Boil the water in a big pot, add in the chicken and * ingredients (tinggalkan sikit fennel, cumin and coriander seeds for coating) for 15 - 20 minutes. Drain the water and coat the cooked chicken with leftover spices.
3. Heat oil in a medium pot at medium heat. Make sure the oil hot enough before you place the chicken in it to deep fried. Deep fried the chicken till brown and normally it just took 5-10 minutes to brown. Do not overcook to get juicy chicken.
1. Grind all the ingredients except sugar, salt and oil.
2. Heat oil in a medium sauce pan. Pour the grinded ingredients and simmer till the water absorbed. Add in the salt and sugar and simmer again till the sambal turn into paste.
1. Clean the rice and drain the excess water.
2. Melt butter in the rice cooker. Add in garlic, ginger and lemongrass and cook till brown or fragrance.
3. Add in the rice and mix them well. Pour in the water and leave it till the rice is ready to serve.
1. Heat oil in a medium sauce pan. Add in * ingredients and cook till fragrance. Add in the chicken bone, cook for 5-10 minutes and pour in the water.
2. Add in salt and boil for 20 minutes.
Serve with fried tofu, fried tempe, cucumber and kangkung belacan.
1. Note : Nak rebus ayam dengan santan pun boleh and lagi sedap.