Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Laksa Goreng (Fried Rice Noodle with Sardine Chunks)

السلام عليكم
Peace be upon you

Good day to you! It's been 6 days after my last update and I miss my blog damn much. I'm very busy with office thingy and there's no enough time to update new recipe for you. But, I still have time to cook for my hungry tummy :)

I tried laksa goreng last two weeks and the result was yummy! The ingredients same as Char Koay Teow and the taste much nicer with laksa noodle. But I think it is depend on the person, which I'm prefer laksa noodle instead of normal noodle (mee kuning).

I love to have experiments in my kitchen and last week I tried to cook the real laksa goreng which I used the same ingredients as mackerel broth. And taste was awesome and I won't cook mackerel broth anymore for my laksa. The fried laksa will do and satisfied my taste buds.


Ingredients (For one serving)

1. 200 gm rice noodle (laksa basah)
2. 2 tbsp chili paste (that grinded with shallots, garlic and shrimp paste - I always have them in my fridge)
3. 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
4. 1 medium size sardine *
5. 1 torch ginger (finely sliced - use about 1 tbsp) *
6. 1 slice galangal (about 5mm thick) (grounded)
7. 1 bunch Vietnamese Mint Leaves (finely sliced - use about 1 tbsp) *
8. 1/4 tsp tamarind paste *
9. Salt to taste *
10. Seasoning powder *
11. 1 tsp dark soy sauce *
12. 1/4 cup water

Garnishes

1. Onion (finely sliced)
2. Cucumber (finely sliced)
3. Torch ginger (finely sliced)

Method

1. Clean the fish, remove scales and guts. In a pot, pour in water and  fish and boil for about 8-10 minutes. Strain the fish stock and let it cool. Discard the bones and break the fish meat into tiny pieces and put aside.

2. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok, stir in the chili paste and galangal and cook until fragrance in medium heat. Add in * ingredients and mix them well.

3. Pour in the water and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the laksa, stir well till the gravy absorbed. Garnish with cucumber, onion and torch ginger and ready to serve.

Sorry, gambar tak berapa nak cantik
Ye betul I guna ikan.. Once you tried this, you won't craving for that mackerel broth anymore and believe me, this is awesome!


Love,

Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leave comments. If you don't have any blogs, appreciate if you could leave your name instead.