Monday, March 17, 2014

SWEET & SPICY CLAMS

السلام عليكم
Peace be upon you


Oh! Hi again! :)

I went trough my food photos in my Facebook Page and I found that a lot of food photos in there hahahaha. I cooked this kind of dish over a year ago and I never cook it since then. Let me share you the recipe.


Ingredients

1 kg clams (I use textile venus clams, but you can use any type of clams - cleaned and drained)
4-5 shallots *
2 cloves garlic *
2 red chillies * (cili besar ye puan-puan - seeded)
4 cm garlic (thinly slice to matchsticks)
2 tbsp chili sauce
A splash of fish sauce (substitute : salt)
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup of water *
3 tbsp vegetable oil

Method

Place * ingredient in food processor and grind them well.

Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add in garlic and cook till fragrant. Add in * ingredients, chili sauce, fish sauce and sugar, mix them well and simmer till the sauce lil bit thicken.

Add in clams, mix them well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Ready to serve.


Love,

Honey

2 comments:

  1. Your sweet spicy clams sound very delicious. By the way, that plate you used is a old-fashioned plate, just wonder it is the same like that one I saw in Perak museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover

    Hi Sonia! How are you? Yes it is. My Mom has her own collection. She bought those old-fashioned plates and bowls about 40 years ago.

    And now, I'm trying to get my own collection too. But the price is so expensive because of their value.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leave comments. If you don't have any blogs, appreciate if you could leave your name instead.