Peace be upon you
Apa yang Thai Sunday sangat? It just because I cooked two type of Thai dishes which are Tom Kha Talay and Glutinous Rice with Mango that I posted the recipe yesterday.I would like to let you know that I am a photo-editing-dummy :) Yes, I am! Seriously, I do not know how to use the editing software and how to get a very nice photo like Ribbon and Circus. Sigh.
1. 1 crab (cleaned, halved)
2. 10-15 prawns
3. 2 tube squids (cut into rings)
4. 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped) *
5. 3 stalks of lemongrass (finely sliced) *
6. 4 cm galangal (cut to 3 mm thick) *
7. 10 bird's eye chillies (crushed) *
8. 1 can of straw mushroom (because I love my soup loads with mushroom)
9. 2 1/4 tbsp fish sauce
10. 2 tbsp lime juice
11. 4-5 lime kaffir leaves
12. 3/4 cup of water
13. 2 cups fresh coconut milk
14. 2 tbsp sugar (depend on you)
15. Coriander leave to garnish (chopped)
1. Boil water in a medium / large sauce pan with * ingredients over medium heat for 5-8 minutes.
2. When the soup is boiling, add in straw mushroom and kaffir lime leaves and bring to boil for another 2 minutes. Pour coconut milk in the soup and boiled over slow heat for 10-15 minutes. Add in fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and the seafoods. Stir them well and cook for a minute or 2 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat. Pour the soup into serving bowl and garnish with coriander leave.
1. Please do not overcooked the seafoods to maintain their freshness.
Happy Public Holiday to Selangorian due to Hari Keputeraan Sultan Selangor tomorrow. Daulat Tuanku!
Pak Temuk minta izin singgah. Your tom kha talay, and the pulut mangga posted earlier, look so tasty... and certainly tempting. The presentation is so artistic. And the pictures are indeed fascinating! Looking forward to reading your future entries.
Salam Pak Temuk. Auww... thank you for the sweet compliments and thank you for dropping by.Delete
In shaa Allah and mudah-mudahan Pak Temuk tak jemu dengan my entries.
Lamanya i tak makan tom kha ni Honey.....sampai lupa dah ada masakan ni....dulu pernah buat tapi my family mcm kurang suka pulak so jadi mls nak buat dah..first time blaja mkn ni ada kawan from Thailand masa zaman study dulu2 masakkan, dia guna chicken...:)ReplyDelete
Bila ada masa free buat lah untuk lunch. Pastu goreng telur dadar, punya lah nikmat haha. Kalau guna chicken tu namanya Tom Kha Gai. Dulu I tak tau.. I buat seafood tapi dok kata Tom Kha Gai hahaha. Rupanya kalau seafood ni namanya lain iaitu Tom Kha Talay. Alah.. asalkan Tom Kha Tom Kha tu sama je la ek? :)Delete