Thursday, August 1, 2013

THE STORY OF 23 RAMADHAN 1434 & SAMBAL UDANG (PRAWNS IN SPICY SAUCE)

السلام عليكم
Peace be upon you

 I had Nasi Goreng + Ayam Goreng Kunyit since Monday and I bought it from a restaurant near my house. Their Ayam Goreng Kunyit was nice and same goes to Nasi Goreng and still ordered for it on Tuesday evening for IFTAR. And yesterday, I couldn't refused to have it again for the third time for IFTAR so I cooked by myself. I had nasi goreng (Similar to Yong Chow Fried Rice, but I use my own recipe), sambal udang, ayam goreng kunyit and mix salad. It was fixed my craving :)


Ingredients

1. 6-7 peeled prawns (L size)
2. 2-3 tsp fish sauce
3. 3 tbsp chilli paste (Chilli paste ingredients : dried chilli, shallot and shrimp paste)
4. 1 tbsp sugar
5. 1/2 onion (cut to 6)
7. 2 tbsp ketchup (tomato sauce)
8. 2 tbsp cooking oil
9. 1/4 cup of water

Method

1. Heat oil in a wok. Once hot, add chilli paste and stir well till simmer and fragrance. Add water and let it simmer again.

2. Add in the fish sauce, sugar, ketchup and onion. Stir and mix them well. Leave it for a minute.

3. Add in the prawns and stir well for a minute, turn off the fire and ready to serve.


Note :

1. Stir in the prawns for a minute is the best way to get the crunchy and fresh prawns.

Tengok lah butiran nasi tu. Cantik and perfect je kan? 

The fragrance of coriander leaves made the salad more delicious and smelled good.

As I told you before, don't overcooked the prawns because you won't get the juicy and fresh prawns.

I loveeeeee that Ayam Goreng Kunyit :)

I am sure that you will fall in love with my Sambal Udang and Good Luck! :)

Love,
Honey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leave comments. If you don't have any blogs, appreciate if you could leave your name instead.