Monday, January 6, 2014

CANTONESE STYLE KOAY TEOW (KOAY TEOW KUNGFU)

السلام عليكم
Peace be upon you

I created a 'Menu Calendar' which I planned what to cook on January 2014 but only on weekend or Public Holiday :)

Honestly, that's inspired lot of my friends in IG hahaha. Masing-masing nak buat this type of calendar. I am happy to share with you my friends.

So, the first menu in January is Kuay Teow Kungfu. Jom kita tengok recipe.




Noodle

Ingredients (For one serving)

1 handful thin rice noodle
1 egg
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp vegetable oil

Method

Whisk an egg in a bowl. Add in sesame oil, soy sauce and rice noodle and mix them well.

Heat oil in a wok over medium heat, pour the mixture and cook till brown (and lil bit crispy) for both side. Put aside.


Gravy

Ingredients

1/2 cup chicken breast (cube)
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
3 cups of water
2 tbsp fish sauce (depend on you)
5 cm carrot (slice about 5mm thick)
1/4 cup cauliflower
1/4 cup kailan
1 tube squid (cut into ring or pineapple cut)
5 prawns (heads and shells removed, devined)
1 tbsp corn starch 
1 egg
2 tbsp Vegetable oil

Method

Heat oil in a wok (easier for me)over high heat. Stir in garlic and cook till fragrant. Add in chicken breast and cook for a minute.

Pour in the water and fish sauce, boil for 5 minutes. 

Add in the vegetables. Whisk an egg in a bowl, pour into gravy and stir them well. Mix corn starch with water and pour into the gravy as well. Cook till the gravy thicken. Add in squid and prawns and cook for 15-20 seconds.

Pour the gravy over the rice noodle and you may have it with 'cili potong kicap' 

Note : 
Kenapa 15-20 seconds for the seafood? As usual, to maintain their freshness and I love to have them crunchy.

Masa you all tuang telur tu, jangan tuang habis sedebuk camtu, you angkat mangkuk telur tu jarak 30 cm dari kuali and tuang sikit-sikit (tapi berterusan bukan stop stop)sambil tangan kanan kacau kuah tu. Jadi you all akan dapat jaluran (jaluran?? ntah apa perkataan I guna ni? Harap you all faham haha) telur yang cantik. 

I managed to get my noodle in cylinder shape :)

Kebetulan my sister dengan anak-anak dia datang rumah. They're soooo langkah kanan and they love it very much especially my niece.

Happy me! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leave comments. If you don't have any blogs, appreciate if you could leave your name instead.