Wednesday, January 29, 2014

FOIL-BAKED (ON BARBIE) WHOLE SALMON WITH LEMON, ONION AND CILANTRO

السلام عليكم
Peace be upon you

There's no planned dishes on 25-26th January as 25th January I was attended my friend's wedding dinner and on 26th January I cooked as per titled. Since I had the whole salmon in refrigerator,  I foil-baked and served it with osyter vegetables, grilled asparagus and hot steamed rice.

Ingredients

1 whole salmon 
2 yellow onions (slice into rings)
2 lemons
1 handful cilantro
A pinch of salt
A pinch of black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
Fold aluminum foil for wrapping





Method

(If you want to use oven, preheat oven at 130°)

Clean, rinse and pat dry the salmon. Rub salmon with salt, black pepper and lemon juice (from one lemon). Slice lemon, stuff 3 pcs of lemon into salmon together with cilantro and another 3 pcs on top of salmon. Set aside.

Lay out the foil sheet and line the onions at the centre of the sheet. Splash olive oil on the onions and top with salmon. Splash olive oil once again over the salmon. Wrap the foil over the salmon to make a loose but tightly sealed parcel. 

Place the foil parcel on the barbie and cook for 5 minutes for both side or till cook for your liking.

Unwrap, garnish with chopped cilantro and ready to serve.

(I squeezed half lemon jugak lepas unwrapped sebab I suka more lemon juice for my baked salmon)




Love,

Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leave comments. If you don't have any blogs, appreciate if you could leave your name instead.